I'm sure you're scrambling to figure out what to buy for certain people on your holiday gift list. You've probably been googling to see what cool new gifts are out there for people who love coffee, and who doesn't love coffee? Well, google no more. I have compiled a list of my TOP 10. The top 10 things that, if I didn't own the DoubleShot, but I were still me, I would be stoked about getting for Christmas (which makes shopping for ME a lot harder). Here it is, David Letterman -style: from number 10 to number 1!
10. A DoubleShot gift card. If you just have no idea what to get, but you know they like coffee, get them a gift card. Buy a card in the DoubleShot or buy one online HERE. We can even email you a coupon to send to your favorite coffee drinker so they can buy on our website!
9. The new DoubleShot Corporate Mastermind Tshirt! You know your friend loves the DoubleShot. Get them a shirt so they can let everyone else know. It's the new design, it's just arrived, and it comes in two colors: blueberry or split pea soup.
8. The Thermos Sipp stainless steel travel tumbler is the most popular cup we've ever sold. They're so popular that it's hard to keep them in stock. Rightfully so. All we get is positive feedback from these awesome cups. They keep coffee hot for hours and hours, they don't leak, they're indestructible, and they come with the stylish DoubleShot logo right there on the side. This cup has been missing from our shelves for a few days, but the new shipment will be here today. Order now, or stop in to get one before they all go bye bye again!
7. The DoubleShot proprietary coffee travel kit. I've been using one over the past year, and it's just been a lifesaver on the road. I got the idea when I was packing for my trip to Tanzania, and it took me a few months after my return to fabricate the missing link to the whole kit: The Connect3 Adaptor Ring. This ring, which I construct by hand right here in the DoubleShot basement, makes it possible to screw the Hario Skerton hand grinder directly onto a Nalgene bottle (I prefer this stainless steel version), so you can grind and brew with the H2JO right in the bottle. Saves tons of space and makes brewing on the road a piece of cake. See a video of how it all works here: http://www.doubleshotcoffee.com/products/connect3-adaptor-ring
6. Gooseneck kettle. I've been using one of these kettles for so long that whenever I try to make a pourover without it, I remember how much I like my kettle. Available in electric or stovetop models.
5. Everything you need to make a pourover (except the kettle). Get your friend a Hario V60 pourover cone, some filters, and the DoubleShot filter crib to keep the cone filters neatly stacked on your counter, and they'll be in coffee paradise. This is the method and the equipment I use every day to make my coffee, so you know I think it's good. There's really no need to own an auto-drip if you're patient enough to make coffee by hand. It's so much better. Watch a video of how it works: http://www.doubleshotcoffee.com/products/hario-v60-dripper
4. A burr grinder. I've often said that, second to great coffee beans, the biggest difference I've ever noticed in my coffee brewing has been in the grinder I'm using. Anyone using a blade grinder to whirly chop their coffee to smithereens is not getting the most out of their coffee. A burr grinder uses a set of grinding disks that adjust to grind consistently coarse or fine, depending on your brewing method. A consistent grind size will change anyone from a coffee drinker into a coffee taster.
3. Subscription! Get someone signed up for our automatic coffee shipments. One pound of coffee will be shipped to them either weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly for 6 or 12 times. They'll remember you each time a pound of coffee shows up at their door, and they'll thank you every time they see you. Sign up online and we'll get started shipping whenever you say the word.
2. Maduro coffee beans plus a MADURO chocolate bar. This is THE gift for someone who is a coffee and chocolate lover. The Maduro, an exclusive natural coffee from Colombia (only available at the DoubleShot), is just an amazing coffee, and since we're always trying to push the envelope, we teamed up with a chocolatier to produce a chocolate bar made with Belgian dark chocolate and bits of crushed-up Maduro coffee beans, roasted right here at the DoubleShot roastery. Satisfy two vices with one awesome gift.
And the number one gift on my list this year is...
1. The Perci Red/Lycello box set. THIS is the ULTIMATE gift. The best gift ever. It's a 2 Barrel Project double wooden box, containing the Perci Red experience and the Lycello experience. This set is extremely limited and will only be produced as they are ordered, so order yours today. If you want this before Christmas, you'll have to get it done asap. My dad has been nice enough to build some more Double-boxes for this awesome gift set, so you still have time to get one, but you should hurry. The box is solid and beautiful, and the lid is etched with the DoubleShot and 2 Barrel Project logos. Two Gesha coffees, one washed and one natural, in one box - and each with their own cup! (If I can't have this, I'll have one of each, Lycello and Perci Red.)